Posted on: November 23, 2022
WE ARE SPEEDO
The world's leading swimwear brand, Speedo is passionate about life
in and around the water. The brand's heritage of innovation derives
from its leadership in competitive swimming, where more Olympic
Gold Medals have been won in Speedo than any other brand. Unmatched
in performance, fit and feel, we are also America's #1 goggle
From the first splash to every stroke, the genuine love and
excitement we have working with the water is what creates exciting
and meaningful relationships.
Speedo is not where we work but is who we are.
It's watching a baby in the pool for the first time, or our
athletes make history. What we do is sacred to us and our
connection to the rest of water lovers around the world. Driven by
the challenge, not the glory. At Speedo, it is never enough to be
good at what you do; you must love what you do.
Speedo is a part of the Pentland Brands Limited Family. We are
Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most
loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre,
ellesse, SeaVees, Red or Dead and we're the UK licensee for Kickers
and have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear. Our
products are available in over 190 countries and are sold either
directly by Group companies or are represented by licensees and
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of
them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,200 employees
worldwide and we're always on the lookout for talented,
enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate
and develop, be it through creative working environments or
learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that
matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments,
drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we're guided by four principles, we use these to make
sure we're not only doing a great job, but we're doing it in the
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
We believe in building brands for the world to love, generation
after generation. Your potential is our potential and together we
can build and grow brands that last.
KEY PURPOSE: Responsible for generating and maintaining a 24 month
statistical baseline forecast, integrating into it market
intelligence from collaborative partners, and publishing it to be
used in supply and financial planning for assigned brands or target
groups. Collaborate with Sales, Inventory Planning, Retail
Planning, and Merchandising and utilize analytics to create a
quality forecast that allows us to achieve the highest level of
customer service and quality of inventory. Provide analysis to help
develop Sales, Product Development and Purchasing plans to meet
strategic and financial objectives.
- Timely follow of the monthly process to develop and publish a
24-month rolling demand forecasts in units and dollars, which
becomes the basis for operating plans and financial
- Generate and execute weekly inventory analysis for forecast
- Analyze historical demand, filter out outliers/exceptions,
identify the most appropriate statistical forecasting algorithm,
develop base plan, understand variance, propose improvement
opportunities, communicate consensus, and incorporate demand
signals into forecast.
- Manage forecast by exceptions utilizing demand planning tools
and reports to identify areas of highest volatility and error.
- Analyze and maintain size scales in the forecasting system to
communicate appropriately sized forecast to the inventory planning
- Collect past/future demand factors (distribution gains/losses,
price changes, new/discontinued products and promotion plans,
global supply chain disruptions, for example) from sales and
merchandising and forecast/model their impacts on demand.
- Interact with Sales, Customers, Merchandising and Operations to
understand and interpret the potential impact market trends and
demand drivers can have on demand, and adjust the statistical
forecast to reflect those impacts.
- Lead the monthly consolidation of forecasts across teams so
that demand review and new product reviews are conducted as part of
the integrated business planning cycle.
- Participate in monthly collaboration meetings with supply chain
to review published forecasts, resulting buy plans, and
issues/opportunities to optimize inventories and increase
- Analyze forecast accuracy & bias, develop enhancements to
improve results, test, document, and re-cycle continuously. Show
continuous improvement in forecast accuracy across various lead
- Report and manage variances of annual, seasonal, and monthly
sales budgets at different levels.
- Champion demand planning best practices and support continuous
improvement in the forecasting and collaboration processes.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 3-5 years of professional experience in demand planning,
business planning, or supply chain planning roles with touch point
in commercial and financial analysis.
- Consumer products company experience preferred, especially a
fast-moving consumer goods business highly desirable. Apparel or
like product planning not required but highly desirable.
- Experience working with Direct-to-Consumer businesses (i.e.
Amazon) is preferred and a strong plus.
- 1-3 years of experience with a leading forecasting
solution/tool; preferably Blue Yonder (formerly JDA/Demand
Planning), or relevant experience with similar modules such as SAP
APO, Manugistics, Logility Demand, Steelwedge, Kinaxis,
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, or related
- APICS, IBF Demand (CPF) or CSCMP certification not required but
- Advanced knowledge of Spreadsheet software (Excel) and
proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including
meeting facilitation and presentations.
- Ability to influence senior leaders in department and division
with the analysis you provide.
- Analytical mind comfortable developing data scenarios, variance
analyses, and causal (basic) models.
Keywords: Speedo, Cypress , Demand Planner, Professions , Cypress, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!