Supply Chain Planner
Company: OK International
Posted on: November 19, 2022
OK International is a global manufacturer of electronic benchtop
tools and precision dispensing solutions worldwide. We have two
major product lines: Metcal electronics bench tool solutions and
Techcon dispensing Systems.
We have facilities in Cypress California (US), Chandlers Ford (UK)
and Shenzhen (China) supporting our customers worldwide. The OK
International Team is dedicated at putting customers first, having
an entrepreneurship mindset, innovative culture, cultivating
relationships and never compromising on integrity. Welcome to our
OK International is part of the Dover Engineered Products segment
of the Dover Corporation. Dover is a diversified global
manufacturer with annual revenue of over $7 billion. We deliver
innovative equipment and components, specialty systems, consumable
supplies, software and digital solutions, and support services
through five operating segments: Engineered Products, Fueling
Solutions, Imaging & Identification, Pumps & Process Solutions and
Refrigeration & Food Equipment. Dover combines global scale with
operational agility to lead the markets we serve. Recognized for
our entrepreneurial approach for over 60 years, our team of
approximately 24,000 employees takes an ownership mindset,
collaborating with customers to redefine what's possible.
Headquartered in Downers Grove, Illinois, Dover trades on the New
York Stock Exchange under "DOV."
*Job Summary: *
Responsible for the direct planning in procurement of materials,
items, services, and supplies. While doing so, ensure
considerations costs, quality, and delivery meet company objectives
and strategies. Coordinate with engineering, procurement,
production, and logistics to ensure we have the supply to
manufacture the right quantity and configurations of products to
satisfy our global customer demand. Help to develop and execute
planning and inventory management strategies to optimize inventory
levels and maximize inventory turns while still maintaining service
levels to organizational requirements.
Job Duties: *
Own the end-to-end planning finished goods, accessories and spares,
from accurate bill of material requirements, appropriate supply
coverage, and timely configuration management to satisfy global
consumer and enterprise demand
* Manage the supply schedule of raw material and finished goods in
order to optimize days on hand and inventory turns, minimize
obsolescence, and enable the production line to output at full
* Balance a spectrum of both new product introduction (NPI) with
rapid iteration and design changes as well as stable production
with annual volumes in the hundreds of thousands and eventually in
* Partner with engineering and production teams to effectively
incorporate design or process changes seamlessly into the supply
chain without impacting output
* Identify potential supply risks and coordinate with the
appropriate stakeholders (procurement, logistics, engineering,
etc.) to propose creative solutions and drive to closure
* Support insourcing efforts where applicable to guarantee constant
supply from internal and external sources to enable overall
* Assess and monitor supply base capacity and constraints at
primary and sub-tiers suppliers to inform program scenario planning
and mitigate potential challenges when ramping a product line
* Maintain part and planning master data to accurately reflect
lead-times, manufacturing allocations, yields and attrition,
offsets, order policy, and other parameters
* Define and incorporate new process and best practices, leveraging
learnings from world-class manufacturers and other high-volume
* Develop applications, reporting, and dashboards to measure team
KPIs and support the global business
* Performs other duties as assigned
Experience in sourcing parts internationally
* Effective negotiation and analytical skills.
* Excellent spreadsheet skills for analysis.
* Must have experience with ERP systems and working knowledge of
MRP and consignment program management
* Exposure to Lean manufacturing a plus.
* Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Self-starter, results-oriented with good organizational and
project management skills.
* Ability to establish work priorities and effectively manage a
wide variety of projects
* Must be familiar with engineering drawings and
* Experience procuring a diverse range of fabricated, machined,
electronic and technical items preferred.
* Strong knowledge of contract writing, supply agreements,
procurement policies and procedures.
* 5 years working procurement experience in a manufacturing
environment (purchasing agent, buyer, commodity buyer) with
responsibility for sourcing, contract management & supplier
* This is an office role and requires data entry with some travel
and occasional lifting of light packages.
* Ability to travel and communicate outside of work hours
* Bachelor's degree in engineering, business, supply chain, or
other technical discipline and 2+ years of experience in material
planning, supply chain, production, or engineering OR 4+ years of
experience in material planning, supply chain, production, or
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other
factors prohibited by law.%6258437%
Keywords: OK International, Cypress , Supply Chain Planner, Other , Cypress, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!