Accounts Receivable Chargeback Supervisor
Posted on: June 19, 2022
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE CHARGEBACK SUPERVISORWE ARE SPEEDOThe
world's leading swimwear brand, Speedo is passionate about life in
and around the water. The brand's heritage of innovation derives
from its leadership in competitive swimming, where more Olympic
Gold Medals have been won in Speedo than any other brand. Unmatched
in performance, fit and feel, we are also America's #1 goggle
brand.From the first splash, to every stroke, the genuine love and
excitement we have working with the water is what creates exciting
and meaningful relationships.Speedo is not where we work, but is
who we are.It's watching a baby in the pool for the first time or
our athletes make history. What we do is sacred to us and our
connection to the rest of water lovers around the world. Driven by
the challenge, not the glory. At Speedo, it is never enough to be
good at what you do; you have to love what you do.Speedo is a part
of the Pentland Brands Limited Family. We are Pentland Brands, a
global family business bringing some of the most loved active and
footwear brands to millions of people around the world.We own
Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre,
ellesse, SeaVees, Red or Dead and we're the UK licensee for Kickers
and have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear. Our
products are available in over 190 countries and are sold either
directly by Group companies or are represented by licensees and
distributors.All our brands have their own unique identities and
every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,200
employees worldwide and we're always on the lookout for talented,
enthusiastic people to help shape our future.We celebrate
differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop,
be it through creative working environments or learning
opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter -
being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives
everything we do.At Pentland, we're guided by four principles, we
use these to make sure we're not only doing a great job, but we're
doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscienceWe believe in building brands for the world
to love, generation after generation. Your potential is our
potential and together we can build and grow brands that last.KEY
PURPOSE: The Chargeback Supervisor will be part of the regional
Finance structure in North America reporting into the Sr. AR
Manager. In addition to serving as a team lead to our internal and
external customers for all chargeback related matters in the US &
Canada, this role will be "hands-on" at both operational and
business levels with a shrewd focus on understanding and explaining
the story behind the customer's chargeback exceptions with the
primary goal to prevent future deductions and protect Speedo's
interests. The primary responsibilities of this role are therefore
highlighted as follows:PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: IMMEDIATE
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working
relationships with Customer Ops, Finance, Sales, and Shipping.
- Work directly with Key Customers to research and resolve
chargeback disputes in accordance with Speedo policy, including
getting paid back for invalid deductions. HOW YOU WILL MAKE A
- Ensure all customer chargebacks are coded properly to match
their claims and are being worked using dispute manager (FSCM)
- Internal and external correspondence (calls and emails) in a
fast-paced goal orientated department.
- Providing a customer service disposition while resolving
chargebacks and disputes.
- Accountable for maintaining aged chargeback targets at or above
our target for assigned customers.
- Enlist the efforts of managers when necessary to accelerate the
chargeback resolution process.
- Assist in month-end close duties (e.g., chargeback reporting,
month end chargeback aging with comments).
- Weekly and Monthly input for reporting of chargeback and open
credit issues to the wider business .
- Partner with the cash applications team to ensure chargeback
creation and closing are being managed accurately and on a timely
- Oversee the team to manage and reconcile open chargebacks and
- Partner with internal departments to maximize recovery and
prevention of chargebacks.
- Investigate historical data for accurate detailed information
regarding each dispute and deduction.
- Additional ad hoc tasks as required. QUALIFICATIONS &
EXPERIENCE: WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE:
- 5+ years' experience in high-volume corporate business to
business credit & collections or compliance with heavy dispute and
- SAP ERP (including FSCM) and Business Warehouse experience a
- Chargeback experience from key retailers in the market while
using their customer portals.
- Polished verbal and written communication skills. Bi-lingual
English & French preferred for Canada.
- Proficiency in Microsoft, including Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to work in a multi-functional and multi-national entity
- Strong attention to detail/goal orientated.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities and
lead the team in the same.
- Agility must be nimble and able to navigate shifting priorities
in a dynamic environment. WHAT WE NEED TO SEE IN YOU:
- Confident and professional.
- Proactive, exceptionally well organized and able to prioritize
and multi-task behind areas adding value to Pentland.
- Able to liaise and influence and build relationships with
people at all levels, including commercial partners.
- Strong leadership, gravitas, and influencing skills.
- Dedicated to maintaining high standardsSpeedo and Pentland
Brands are an equal opportunity employer and considers all
applicants for employment on the basis of their individual
capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and
without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression,
age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual
orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability,
military status or any other characteristic protected under
federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all
applicable laws, we have a strong corporate commitment to
inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future
associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as
skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience
and potential. To achieve these goals, applicants are asked not to
disclose salary history information.
Keywords: Speedo, Cypress , Accounts Receivable Chargeback Supervisor, Other , Cypress, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!