Company: OK International, a Dover Company
Posted on: January 12, 2022
OK International is a global manufacturer of electronic benchtop
tools and precision dispensing solutions worldwide. We have two
major product lines Metcal soldering and fume extraction solutions
and Techcon dispensing Systems. We have facilities in Cypress
California (US), Chandlers Ford (UK) and Shenzhen (China)
supporting our customers worldwide. The OK International Team is
dedicated at putting customers first, having an entrepreneurship
mindset, innovative culture, cultivating relationships and never
compromising on integrity.
OK International is part of the Dover Engineered Products segment
of the Dover Corporation. Dover is a diversified global
manufacturer with annual revenue of over $7 billion. We deliver
innovative equipment and components, specialty systems, consumable
supplies, software and digital solutions, and support services
through five operating segments: Engineered Products, Fueling
Solutions, Imaging & Identification, Pumps & Process Solutions and
Refrigeration & Food Equipment. Dover combines global scale with
operational agility to lead the markets we serve. Recognized for
our entrepreneurial approach for over 60 years, our team of
approximately 24,000 employees takes an ownership mindset,
collaborating with customers to redefine what's possible.
Headquartered in Downers Grove, Illinois, Dover trades on the New
York Stock Exchange under "DOV."
JOB SUMMARYThe Strategic Sourcing Specialist's primary
responsibilities will be the sourcing, selection and daily
management of suppliers within assigned commodities. The Strategic
Sourcing Specialist will be responsible for development and
execution of short and long term commodity strategies to support
corporate goals and objectives including productivity initiatives,
supplier delivery performance, supplier participation in supply
chain programs (VMI, Consignment and Supply Chain Financing).
The Strategic Sourcing Specialist will also ensure that OK
International is utilizing / leveraging Dover Alliance Supply base
when applicable. Management and vigilance over all Supply
Agreements and Vendor Performance (Supply Scorecards).
- Supplier Management:
- Sourcing (RFQs, negotiations, supplier selection and
- Negotiation (pricing, supply agreements, consignment contracts,
- Participation in NPI weekly reviews and provide status.
- Consignment program administration (on-boarding new parts and
suppliers, Min & Max)
- Periodic Review Program reviews with each supplier
- Supply on-sight audits and surveys
- Supplier Rationalization
- Releasing standard purchase orders
- Obtaining delivery commitments for orders placed and items
below consignment minimums
- Dispute resolution
- Supplier Metric monitoring
- Engineering Change Management
Work Experience Requirements & Skills
- 4-7 years prior supply chain management & ERP systems
- Prior experience working directly with suppliers in Purchasing
function with direct responsibility for
- Supplier Sourcing and Selection
- Price negotiation
- Supplier Contract Management
- Must be familiar with engineering drawings and
- 4-7 years experience required in a purchasing function.
- Supplier Agreements and Contracts
- Effective supplier relations and analytical skills.
- PC Software and spreadsheet skills for analysis.
- Must have experience with basic ERP systems.
- Working knowledge of MRP/JIT/Kanban principals and Consignment
- Exposure to Lean manufacturing a plus.
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter, results-oriented with good organizational and
project management skills.
- Ability to establish work priorities and effectively manage a
wide variety of projects
- Knowledge of contract writing, supply agreements, procurement
policies and procedures
- Tactical Team resource and support as required. (Buyer/Planner
- Experience buying injection-molded plastic products
- BS Degree in Supply Chain(preferred), Engineering or
- Professional Supply Chain Related Certifications or
accreditations - Preferred
- Lean Training
Keywords: OK International, a Dover Company, Cypress , Buyer, Other , Cypress, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!