Embedded Software Engineer: Cypress, CA
Company: OK International, a Dover Company
Posted on: May 8, 2022
Embedded Software Engineer - 40822
Location: Cypress, CA (onsite)
Company: OK International (OKI) / Dover Corporation
JOB SUMMARY:The Embedded Software Engineer is responsible for
developing system level architectures that address software and
hardware aspects to support OK International next generation
products. The architectures will be required to address both
internal functionality of the IoT enabled products and external
customer "look and feel". This individual will report directly to
the Chief of Technology and help guide the future product
development, as well as improve the current state of the OK
International Product Portfolio (Soldering Systems, Rework Systems,
Valves and Valve Controllers, Dispenser Controllers, Robotic
Soldering and dispensing equipment).
This is a full-time/salaried onsite position with OKI/Dover Corp.
Please Note: we are unable to provide visa sponsorship or transfer
now or at any point in the future.
- Involvement in the generation of system and sub-system
performance specifications, proposals and creation of proof of
- Participate in projects of significant complexity and scope
involving state of the art 3D printers, soldering equipment and
- Lead projects and people directly and indirectly to achieve new
product launches on time and within budget.
- Broad experience in developing products that contain mechanical
and electromechanical parts, components and devices.
- Understanding and ability to perform assembly level software
coding using a LINUX and Windows based operating system.
- Ability to generate Pseudo-code for direct translation into
- Confer with engineers, customers, and others to discuss
existing or potential engineering projects and products.
- Design, implement, maintain, and improve equipment, components,
products, and systems.
- Direct and coordinate manufacturing, maintenance, support,
documentation, and testing activities to ensure compliance with
specifications and customer requirements.
- Ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and
compliance with operational and safety standards.
- Plan and implement research methodology and procedures to
- Prepare specifications for purchase of materials and
- Investigate and test vendors and competitors products.
- Compile data and write reports regarding existing and potential
engineering studies and projects.
- Mentor Engineering and create a stimulating work environment
that will foster growth.
- Full lifecycle application development.
- Designing, coding and debugging applications.
- Software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis,
software review, identification of code metrics, system risk
analysis, software reliability analysis.
- Object-oriented Design and Analysis (OOA and OOD).
- Software modeling and simulation.
- Front end graphical user interface design.
- Software testing and quality assurance.
- Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability,
- Support, maintain and document software functionality.
- Integrate software with existing systems.
- Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation.
- Project Planning and Project Management.
- Maintain standards compliance.
EDUCATIONAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- BS in Computer Science with 8 years minimum experience
involving job responsibilities mentioned above.
- 8+ years of active experience in Software/Systems Development
- Strong analytic background, with detailed understanding of
control algorithms, graphical user interfaces, Digital Control
- Desired experience on systems that require understanding of
Fluid dynamics, and Thermal Dynamics.
- Demonstrated leadership skills of multidiscipline and
functional teams a must, with direct reporting desired.
- ARM, QT, and Linux experience
- Strong Leadership skills for new product development.
- Proven track record of New Product development.
- Strong analytical and logical problem solving skills.
- Documented working experience with technical engineering
- Analyzing Information.
- In depth C++ programming skills.
- Hardware/Software debugging.
- Control Theory.
- Equipment Motion control and stabilization.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical publications,
professional journals and governmental regulations as
- Extensive experience with temperature control, position
control, dispensing control.
- Ability to clearly document and explain system implementation
and algorithms to non-technical individuals understanding.
- Master's level understanding of, and experience with, control
system theory and implementation.
- Ability to work in an "open area" without getting
- Sound judgment.
- High level of creativity and inventiveness.
- Ability to work in both a team and as an individual, under time
- Convection, conduction, dispensing and vision systems
- Interaction/synergies available between Electronics, Software
- Motion control development and implementation.
Apply directly to the job on our website at:
OK International is a global manufacturer of electronic benchtop
tools and precision dispensing solutions worldwide. We have two
major product lines Metcal electronics bench tool solutions and
Techcon dispensing Systems.
We have facilities in Cypress California (US), Chandlers Ford (UK)
and Shenzhen (China) supporting our customers worldwide. The OK
International Team is dedicated at putting customers first, having
an entrepreneurship mindset, innovative culture, cultivating
relationships and never compromising on integrity. Welcome to our
OK International is part of the Dover Engineered Products segment
of the Dover Corporation. Dover is a diversified global
manufacturer with annual revenue of over $7 billion. We deliver
innovative equipment and components, specialty systems, consumable
supplies, software and digital solutions, and support services
through five operating segments: Engineered Products, Fueling
Solutions, Imaging & Identification, Pumps & Process Solutions and
Refrigeration & Food Equipment. Dover combines global scale with
operational agility to lead the markets we serve. Recognized for
our entrepreneurial approach for over 60 years, our team of
approximately 24,000 employees takes an ownership mindset,
collaborating with customers to redefine whats possible.
Headquartered in Downers Grove, Illinois, Dover trades on the New
York Stock Exchange under "DOV."
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other
factors prohibited by law.
Keywords: OK International, a Dover Company, Cypress , Embedded Software Engineer: Cypress, CA, IT / Software / Systems , Cypress, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!