HR Manager Field Operations
Company: Marriott Vacations Worldwide
Posted on: November 19, 2022
HR Manager Field Operations in MVO MVC Cypress Harbour at
Marriott Vacations Worldwide Job DescriptionAre you ready to grow
your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true?
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for
Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe.
Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make
vacation dreams come true.
*Relocation assistance provided.*Imagine a job that values you,
with a company culture founded on caring and fun...Enjoy travel
perks, competitive compensation, and amazing benefits. Are you
ready to make one of the best career decisions of your life? Read
on!Generic Position SummaryAs a member of the professional staff,
contributes specialized knowledge and skill in a discipline (e.g.,
Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology,
Operations Planning & Support, Sales & Marketing) area to support
team and/or department business objectives. Generally, works under
limited supervision, but within established guidelines, producing
and analyzing more complex business information to assist in the
decision-making process.Specific Job SummaryThe Area Human
Resources Manager III is responsible for managing, assessing, and
reviewing all human resources activities including compensation,
work environment, associate relations, unemployment, worker's
compensation, compliance and interpretation of site and company
Human Resources policies and procedures. The incumbent contributes
a high level of HR generalist knowledge with specialization in
Associate Relations. This position will assist site managers in the
preparation and execution of investigations and hearings, as well
as consult with the other regional HR staff on worker's
compensation issues. The incumbent will generally work with
considerable independence ensuring Work Environment programs and
processes are effectively implemented to accomplish objectives in
alignment with broader business objectives and strategies. The Area
Human Resources Manager will support a geographic area across a
state(s) and will be expected to travel approximately 60% of the
time.Generic Expected Contributions
- Performs more complex quantitative and qualitative analysis for
business processes and/or projects. Often manages small projects,
business processes or parts of larger ones.
- Responds to, solves, and makes decisions on more
complex/non-routine business requests with limited to moderate
- Responsible for own work and contributing to team, department
and/or business results. May direct work of non-management
- Assists more senior associates in achieving business results
- identifying opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of
- providing training and technical guidance to less senior staff,
where appropriate, and serving as point-of-contact for problem
- participating in setting department operating plans.
- recognizing and celebrating team successes.
- achieving results against budget within scope of
- Demonstrates an awareness of personal strengths and areas for
improvement and acts independently to improve and increase skills
- Performs other duties as appropriate.Specific Expected
ContributionsStrategic Human Resources
- Provides liaison and consulting services to all levels of
management and associates, interpreting and defining Division and
Human Resources policies and procedures to ensure/enforce
- Develops, plans, and carries out all local policies and
procedures relating to all phases of Human Resources.
- Analyzes and reviews statistical data and reports to identify
and determine causes of turnover and retention within the
workforce, and develops recommendations/improvements to management,
as well as improvements to employment policies, processes and
- Assists site leadership in the planned development and
reinforcement of organizational strategies, structure, and
- Works with site management to identify current and future
weaknesses and strengths; problems and concerns; job satisfaction
- Works with all levels of management on-site to ensure
organizational competence and performance management.Compensation
- Manages and administers compensation programs within and as
established by Compensation COE. Will consult with Compensation COE
and Vice President of HR accordingly.
- Advises and recommends to all levels of management appropriate
compensation actions/adjustments to attract, retain, and motivate
- Partners with Vice President of HR and Compensation COE on
non-management pay administration guidelines, including annual
performance/merit increase guidelines.
- Partners with Vice President of HR and Compensation COE on
issues relating to wage parity/analysis.Work Environment
- Manages & maintains positive associate relations.
- Monitors work environment for any signs of potential union
- Liaise with the Vice President of Human Resources, and where
needed, COE Work Environment manager to ensure that consistent
treatment is being afforded to all associates.
- Participate in and support Positive Work Environment (PAR)
training, labor/employee relations-related interventions (focus
groups, feedback sessions, etc.), Guarantee of Fair
Treatment/Arbitration in collaboration with the COE Work
Environment Team to come to a satisfactory resolution.
- Responsible for documentation and disciplinary action training
for line managers.
- Coach and advise management on Work Environment issues.
- Key escalation point for associate relation issues (e.g.,
progressive discipline issues)
- Participate in resolution of serious grievances surfaced by any
- Ensure that disciplinary procedures are consistently and
appropriately administered on site.
- Ensure and guide communication of site rules and regulations,
the progressive discipline policy, Associate Resource Line,
Business Integrity Line, and the Guarantee of Fair Treatment.
- Partners with site management and Vice President of HR in
development of policies that may result in disciplinary
- Assist Vice President of Human Resources in research and
preparation of employment lawsuits for corporate and outside
- Coordinate responses to subpoenas as directed by corporate
- Provides liaison and consulting services to all levels of
management and associates interpreting and defining established
policies and procedures.
- Consults and reviews grievances processed through various
grievance programs, and handles investigations and analyses
required to prepare company answers and resolutions to such
- Handles all legal tasks regarding terminations,
- The HRM should be proactive in all areas of Associate
- The HRM will review Engagement Survey scores for all sites in
market, provide analysis, and will schedule visits as needed to
area sites addressing any improvement plans to mitigate issues
being escalated through the Business Integrity Line/Guarantee of
Fair Treatment lines.
- Where possible the HRM should be aware of any issues relating
to Associate areas at any site which might impact associate
well-being (e.g. the Associate breakroom/the Associate
- The HRM is responsible for the on-site life cycle of the
Engagement Survey and the associated action planning. In addition,
they are responsible for overseeing the improvement of those sites
and departments who fail to meet the minimum standards in any
portion of the lifecycle and/or the associated metrics.Locations
with Union Representation
- Interprets CBA and ensures site leadership is well educated on
all CBA procedures.
- Adheres to guidelines as required under local CBA.
- Consults with Vice President on all Union
- Act as key consultant with site Staff for workers' compensation
- Ensure sites have systems in place to record absences, time-off
requests and shift turndowns.
- Discuss with site management appeal processes when
- Assist in preparing documentation for hearings, as
- Prepare and consult with site management representatives for
attendance at hearings and attend as necessary.Compliance
- Reviews adherence to the Federal Wage and Hour Law/Fair Labor
Standards Act and other legal requirements.
- Ensures site compliance with all applicable HRC policies,
- Remains current on government regulations and legislation in
order to manage the associate relations program to ensure/enforce
consistent and fair application and compliance of HRC and local
- Point of contact for Talent Acquisition COE and back up On
Boarding Coordinator in the absence of HR Coordinator/Partner.
- Provides Talent Acquisition COE with staffing updates, assists
in obtaining approvals for hiring exceptions, and provides COE with
applicant eligibility and rehire status.Talent Management
- Supports Vice President of HR in planning, coordinating, and
directing associate training programs. Facilitates day one
orientation in the absence of HR Coordinator/Partner at the
- Provides task aids and training materials to site leaders and
- Conducts impromptu one-on-one trainings as needed during site
- Remains current with new labor legislation, court decisions and
government regulations in order to keep abreast of legal
- Maintains a good business relationship with all
- Performs any reasonable request as assigned.Generic Candidate
ProfileSuccessful candidates should possess knowledge and
experience and demonstrate strong leadership and relationship
skills as follows: Generally, a professional position with specific
knowledge in a discipline (e.g., Accounting, Human Resources,
Information Technology). College degree and/or relevant experience
typically required.Specific Candidate ProfileEducation
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration,
or similar discipline or related experience.Experience
- At least three years of progressive HR Generalist experience in
a management role.
- Experience in a multi-unit and/or multi-state environment.
- Experience as a generalist in all aspects of Human Resources,
including Compensation, Unemployment, Worker's Compensation and
Compliance, Talent Management and Talent Acquisition, with
significant experience in Associate Relations/Work Environment
- Experience in Vacation Ownership, Hospitality or Vacation
Ownership Sales and Marketing preferred.
- PHR or SHRM - CP certification preferred.Skills & Attributes
- Proven ability to apply excellent written and verbal
- Proven ability to collaborate and resolve issues and influence
without position authority.
- Proven ability to function as a team player who works with a
high degree of independence and credibility, and
- Proven ability to quickly build rapport and trust.
- Proven ability to provide strong coaching and influencing
- Proven ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and
integrity in dealing with sensitive information.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with a broad
group of stakeholders in order to foster trust and influence key
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Word,
Excel and PowerPoint.
- Analyzes and assesses situations to find effective solutions;
creative problem solver; engages in fixing the problem; makes
decisions using data.
- Ability to manage and administer a broad range of tasks
including resolving complaints, counseling managers and employees
on the interpretation of policies and procedures and concurrent
- Delivers results under difficult conditions and demonstrates
balanced judgment under pressure.
- Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete
information, ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Possesses strong organizational skills and ability to manage
multiple tasks developing and using systems to organize and keep
track of information.
- Integrates and balances priorities, work activities and
resources for the benefit of multiple key stakeholders.
- Ability to be an active learner enhancing professional and
business growth through the acquisition of knowledge and
experiences; proven ability to challenge organizational norms and
accepted thinking to improve effectiveness.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of human resources
- Evaluates and remains current of business trends and HR trends
to modify strategies.
- Ability to prepare written reports, correspondence, and
presentations to site leaders as required.
- Experience building local community relations to enhance
overall human resources business operations.
- Knowledge of information technology, including hardware and
software applications, used in the Human Resources function.
- Bi-lingual language preferred depending on individual site
- Demonstrated ability to seek out and implement process
- Achieves results with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates self-confidence, energy, and enthusiasm.
- Understands how to manage in a culturally diverse work
- Ability to interact with all levels of associates and
- Manages time well and works in a fast-paced, rapidly changing,
and stressful environment
- Controls group or inter-personal conflicts effectively.
- Ability to maintain physical condition and stamina appropriate
to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities which
may include sitting for extended periods of time and operating
assigned office equipment, and other duties as assigned.Salary
range: $75,000 - $90,000 plus bonus
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer
committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive
culture Take the first step in charting your own course by joining
our Talent Network. It's the best way to stayinformed and receive
alerts for exciting jobs that may be perfect for you. Hi, I'm Dash,
your virtual recruiting assistant! I can help you quickly apply for
jobs and explore other opportunities at Marriott Vacations
Worldwide, where our goal is a culture of fun for everyone. Are you
located in the United States? Choose a button. Press Tab to
navigate to the buttons. Yes No
Keywords: Marriott Vacations Worldwide, Cypress , HR Manager Field Operations, Human Resources , Cypress, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!