International Purchasing Manager
Company: Mitsubishi Electric US, Inc.
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Current job opportunities are posted here as they become
available. Under limited supervision, assist the SVP/GM to meet the
division's business objectives by coaching the buyers.The essential
functions of the position include, but are not limited to the
- Review and approve Purchase Orders and Invoices up to a
specified dollar amount.
- Negotiate purchase agreements with key suppliers.
- Assist the SVP/GM in making business plan, attending meetings,
receiving legal audits, and others. Meet division's annual sales
- Build excellent relations with vendors, and preserve string
- Educate subordinates and IPD members on Export Control.
- Review job performance of subordinates through the IPM
- Receive order requests from MELCO, and generate & issue
purchase orders to vendors.
- Issue commercial invoices and export commodities to MELCO
through the use of freight forwarding company..
- Travel to vendors' facility for vendor analysis, meetings,
negotiation and others.
- Assist MELCO personnel during their visits to vendors.
- Receive a quotation and product information from vendors, and
provide it to MELCO.
- Market research of a variety of equipment, components,
materials and vendors.
- Investigate and report vendor/supplier products, price and
- Review and approve payment authorization for your vendors
- Assist SVP/GM for promoting Corporate Procurement Planning
activities in America.
- Perform functions of Senior Buyer, as needed.
- Departmental and general meeting preparations.
- Data entry to summarize purchasing activities.
- Prepare letters and correspondence.
- Perform other job functions as assigned. EDUCATION AND
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of relevant work
- Minimum 10 years purchasing experience required. Both project
related and mass production experience desirable, or trading house
- NAPM/ISM certification beneficial.
- Computer knowledge of EXCEL, Word, PowerPoint and Access.
- Personal integrity, strong work ethic, ability to work under
pressure and proper judgment
- Excellent leadership skills, including the ability to motivate
others to achieve excellence
- Must be able to receive ITAR and EAR-controlled technology
information and/or technical information without violating, and in
compliance with, applicable US export control laws, rules and
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationallyIn
compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to
verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to
complete the required employment eligibility verification document
form upon hire.We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All
employment decisions are made without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, pregnancy, breastfeeding or related medical
condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
domestic partnership, physical disability, mental disability,
medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, military
or veteran status or other legally protected status (except when
one of these criteria is a legally permissible bona- fide
occupational qualification).The Company will not discharge or in
any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants
because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own
pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees
who have access to the compensation information of other employees
or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
Company, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish
information.Click here to view the EEO is The Law Poster and the
supplement.Click here to view the Notice to Job Applicants and
Employees regarding San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and the
Know Your Rights poster.Applicants with a disability who need
assistance with the application process may contact Human Resources
by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling
Keywords: Mitsubishi Electric US, Inc., Cypress , International Purchasing Manager, Executive , Cypress, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!