Product Manager - Construction Equipment
Company: Multiquip Inc.
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Multiquip is one of the largest, diversified manufacturers and
suppliers of excellent quality products. Multiquip's comprehensive
product portfolio includes light to medium construction equipment,
power generators, and lighting.Join our team as a Product
Manager!The Product Manager has ownership of their assigned product
line and proactively manages the products through the entire life
cycle. This includes supporting develop of new products, optimizing
and increasing profitability of existing product lines, and
managing product rationalization. The Product Manager plans,
organizes, and controls assigned products from conceptual stages
through its entire life cycle to optimize profit and meet
marketing, sales, financial, and corporate growth objectives. In
this role, the Product Manager will provide product training and
expertise to Company sales personnel and customers, and will be
responsible for gathering market intelligence, analyzing and
communicating competitive activities, acting as a liaison between
suppliers, manufacturing, applicable trade associations, and
corporate headquarters to ensure the quality, reliability and
profitability of assigned product line.Location is Hybrid (Cypress
- Maintains a high level of product, market, competitive and
customer knowledge, with application expertise.
- Develops and maintains product strategies and proactively
manages products throughout the product lifecycle to ensure success
- Helps identify new product opportunities and conduct analysis
by product line to support resource allocation.
- Understands customer needs and ensures that products deliver
economic value while achieving cost and profitability targets.
- Act as supplier liaison to develop, test, analyze, promote and
establish market penetration of assigned products throughout the
Company's sales and marketing organizations.
- Defines technical specifications and provides financial
justification for new product introduction. Supports VOC and
prepares business plans outlining new product development
objectives and schedules for all phases of new product development
and introduction to market, ensuring that product targets are
- Assists supply chain management in analyzing inventory levels
for assigned products to maintain stock levels in accordance with
company requirements and guidelines.
- Establishes and maintains cost and price information and
analyses of assigned products; developing pricing strategies and
ensuring that financial targets including sales volume and margin
are monitored and achieved.
- Develops and maintains competitive analysis of major
competitors for use in creating marketing and sales
- Assists the marketing department in the development of
promotions and other initiatives related to the sales and marketing
of assigned products.
- Assists the marketing department to update and maintain company
web site and sales literature.
- Assists the technical publications department as necessary in
creating and verifying content for operations manuals, instructions
sheets and service bulletins.
- Prepares bid specifications and assists in completion of
government/municipal bid inquiries.
- Provides product training for the field and inside sales teams
on an ongoing basis in conjunction with other product mangers.
- Attends and assists with major industry trade shows.
- Travels and otherwise assists salespeople in the promotion,
education and sales of assigned products to distribution partners,
rental companies and end users. Travel requirements are anticipated
to average approximately one week per month.
- Works with suppliers to ensure acceptable product quality,
conformance and support to include communicating product quality
issues and product improvement requests through established formats
and resolving warranty issues.
- Coordinates with suppliers to ensure current and accurate
product manuals and service/parts manuals are published and shipped
in accordance with company guidelines.
- Communicates product updates and improvements to management,
applicable company employees, channel partners and customers.
- Monitor warranty and ensure that product issues are
- Performs other duties that may be assigned.Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A/B.S.) or equivalent from a four-year
college/university in Business Administration, Marketing,
Engineering, or the Arts, and three years of related experience
and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and
experience in Product Management.
- Must be familiar with both the Rental and Field Service
applications of Construction/Power equipment as well as have a
minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the Construction
- Experience in the manufacturing of construction equipment is a
- Japanese language skills preferred.
- Ability to understand, balance and direct multiple product
lines with differing market demands.
- Capable of communicating effectively and dealing persuasively
with internal and external stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of MS Office is required.COVID Vaccine
Requirement:Multiquip currently requires new employees to provide
proof of receiving at least one dose of a COVID vaccine to begin
employment. An accommodation will be provided to those who qualify
for a medical or religious exemption.Multiquip provides competitive
pay and benefits and supports our employees through our values of
safety, integrity and respect.Employment is subject to
pre-employment physical, drug-screening and background
investigation. E-Verify ( www.dhs.gov/E-Verify ) is used to verify
a candidates' legal right to work in the U.S.Multiquip Inc. is
proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will received consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status or other protected class.
Keywords: Multiquip Inc., Cypress , Product Manager - Construction Equipment, Executive , Cypress, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!