Senior Manager, Automation Engineering
Company: iRhythm Technologies, Inc.
Posted on: June 19, 2022
About IRhythmiRhythm is a leading digital healthcare company
focused on the way cardiac arrhythmias are clinically diagnosed by
combining our wearable bio sensing technology with powerful
cloud-based data analytics and Artificial Intelligence
capabilities. Our goal is to be the leading provider of ambulatory
ECG monitoring for patients at risk for arrhythmias. iRhythm's
continuous ambulatory monitoring has already put over 2 million
patients and their doctors on a shorter path to what they both need
- answers.About This RoleiRhythm is seeking a highly experienced
and motivated Senior Manager, Automation Engineering individual
with an automation engineering background and minimum 12 years
relevant industry experience to join iRhythm's engineering team.
This roll is based at the manufacturing site in Cypress, CA and
will have responsibility for strategizing and executing all
industrial automation projects related to manufacturing production.
The Senior Manager, Automation Engineering will plan and manage
multiple projects with various complexity with the accountability
for successful execution of all projects. This position will be key
player in developing and scaling process/equipment automation group
at the manufacturing site.Our work environment is fast-paced, with
a collaborative atmosphere. Most of all, we are passionate about
delivering innovations that improve the quality of health care and
the patient experience. We are looking for like-minded individuals
to join our team today!Responsibilities Include
- Analyze manufacturing operations and design sophisticated
industrial automation solutions in support of production growth and
cost reduction initiatives.
- Comprehensive understanding of end-to-end manufacturing
processes, including assemblies, secondary packaging, and
- Previous experience leveraging external automation integrator
partners throughout the project phases, from initial selection
diligence, design, reviews, buy-off, onsite commissioning.
- Solid understanding of the available technologies, industry
trends, and ability to select right designs and communicate
effectively across organization.
- Leads and coordinates cross-functional teams (both internal and
external resources) to ensure meeting timely committed milestones.
Actively manages cross-functional alignment and drives the
resolution of issues.
- Manages multiple, concurrent custom automation projects of
various complexities (pilot to high-volume) from initiation of the
projects to integration of the equipment into manufacturing with a
future look towards lifecycle management and sustaining
- Experience with technical understanding of design for
manufacturability/Assembly/Automation (DFM/DFA), process excellence
methodologies including Six-Sigma, Lean, cGMP guidelines.
- 10+ years hands-on experience with industrial automation
including mechanical (robots, conveyors, etc.), or control system
site (such as PLC/DCS design and programing). Solid experience with
full integration of the equipment.
- Understanding of Critical to Quality (CTQ) design elements and
cascading CTQs to design robust manufacturing processes and process
- 10+ years solid background with developing URS, and all aspects
of the equipment design and validation process, including design
reviews, pre-FAT, FAT, installation, IQ/OQ, and product process
- Acts as mentor in the engineering organization. Coaches and
develops associates across a range of career levels
- Advance project management skills and ability to explain
complex concepts and strategies in understandable terms across
- BS in Engineering or Science; MS and/or MBA degree
- 12+ years of manufacturing and engineering experience in
industrial automation, preferably with a focus on
- Seasoned project management skills; multiple projects of high
complexity and/or large-scale nature.
- Strong record of technical achievement designing & successfully
commissioning automation equipment solutions.
- Prior Experience working in manufacturing environment is highly
- Prefer medical device industry experience with knowledge of
- Strong collaborator and communicator with a high degree of
ability to understand business needs. Excellent written, verbal
communication and presentation skills.
- Past experience managing direct report engineers and
technicians preferred, but not a must. Ability to develop and
upskill other engineers.
- Past experience working at automation design and integrator
companies designing custom automation preferred.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction
and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.What's
In It For YouThis is a full-time position with competitive
compensation package, excellent benefits including medical, dental,
and vision insurance (all of which start on your first day), paid
holidays, and PTO!iRhythm also provides additional benefits
including 401K (with company match), an Employee Stock Purchase
Plan, paid parental leave, pet insurance discount, Cultural
Committee/Charity events, and so much more!FLSA Status: ExemptAs a
part of our core values, we ensure a diverse and inclusive
workforce. We welcome and celebrate people of all backgrounds,
experiences, skills, and perspectives. iRhythm Technologies, Inc.
is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/V/D). Pursuant to San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment
all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Make
iRhythm your path forward.
Keywords: iRhythm Technologies, Inc., Cypress , Senior Manager, Automation Engineering, Executive , Cypress, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!