Sr. IT Manager - Planning and Governance
Company: Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. is a growing and dynamic
organization with superb products that include motorcycles,
outboard motors, ATVs, personal watercraft, snowmobiles, boats,
power assist bicycles, outdoor power equipment, race kart engines,
golf cars, accessories, apparel, and much more! We are a company of
enthusiasts and have passion for our products! Yamaha has an
excellent opportunity for an Senior Manager Planning and Governance
to join our ISD team in Cypress, CA. The Senior Manager Planning
and Governance will directly contribute to the success of data
strategy by leading a cross-functional team of ISD Program
Management office (PMO)data compliance and governance analysts to
help implement controls across ISD and drive customer centric
governance solutions across our products.Specific duties include,
but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with and persuade across, multiple areas with ISD
leaders, executives and other stakeholders about the benefits of
leveraging enterprise data, platforms, tools, learnings, etc. to
benefit the entire organization. Partners with the Executive
Leadership and Executive Sponsors to communicate group goals,
objectives, and potential outcomes. Leads regular interactions with
the executive sponsor and senior leadership to inform, alert,
negotiate and maintain a continuing good relationship and shared
vision for the group and/or program outcomes.
- Bring proven, senior level industry IT 'Office of the CIO'-like
vision and disciplines for IT Planning and PMO management to the
role and have strong technical expertise with various program and
project management methodologies, tracking disciplines, KPI
measurement/dashboards, and related technology products.
- Responsible for effective and efficient delivery of PMO and
project management activities used to support business strategy,
initiatives, process, and services across the enterprise. Works
proactively with various business units, ISD, and other key
stakeholders in delivery of services to the company and the
divisions and departments.
- Establishes and ensures appropriate governance functions for
the group or program, in accordance with enterprise policies and
practices, on behalf of the executive sponsor or senior responsible
- Aligns to business and ISD Mid Term Plan (MTP), Management By
Objectives (MBO), Global IT Governance Committee (GIGC) and North
American Regional IT Governance (RIGC) direction, goals and
- Develops and controls the Planning & Governance group budget
and manages expenditures within agreed spending plans.
- Ensures and balances the availability of the required skills
and competencies across resources within the group.
- Leads reviews with the executive sponsor and/or stakeholders to
identify expected or specific program needs, changes, and directs
the development of appropriate approaches to address.
- Leads the development and maintenance of stakeholder
analysis/mapping, org change management, communications, and
- Oversees the execution of program projects, their progress
compared with the plan and the production of agreed
- Develops and manages resources, plan for group, performance
management, program, projects, provide direction and
- Directs or approves the establishment of a framework or
guidelines for the use of contractors, professional service
providers, and determines their use across the program.
- Supports and facilitates agenda setting for group, program
committee or board meetings.
- Responsible to make decisions for Planning & Governance group's
strategy, portfolio, governance, methodologies, processes,
compliance, reporting, and metrics.
- Sr. Manager, Planning & Governance to receive ISD vision, goals
and guidance from Head of ISD Division
- Includes group and PMO/project portfolio and program
dashboards, objectives, plan, and/or other project deliverables,
scope, schedule, and budget.
- Responsibilities and decision making also includes resolution
of program management challenges, risks, and issues. Optimization
and collaboration of project teams, and/or 3rd parties or
activities. Escalation of program management issues to executive
management and/or key stakeholders.Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology,
or equivalent work experience.
- MBA preferred.
- Certifications preferred include Project Management
Professional (PMP), Certified Project Manager (CPM) or Certified
Scrum Master (CSM).
- Ten+ years of experience in IT and business/industry.
- Seven+ years of leadership experience in managing, developing,
implementing, and maintaining 'Office of the CIO', PMO, project
management in support of information technologies and
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in large, cross-functional
teams influencing senior management and key stakeholders
effectively across the organization.
- Extensive experience with Office of the CIO and/or PMO, and
project management toolsets.
- ServiceNow experience desired.
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of establishment of the
Planning & Governance functions, program and project management,
challenges, and ability to work independently and in teams.
- Demonstrated success in providing project management
leadership, oversight, and guidance to meet corporate policies,
practices, and standards.
- Cross-functional knowledge of IT technologies applied across
modern applications, infrastructure, cyber security and
- SAP ERP portfolio experience desired.
- Proven ability to collaborate with all IT groups including
management, applications, infrastructure, cyber security, executive
leadership and business groups/departments.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.Reports to:
Vice President, Information Services Division Yamaha Motor
Corporation, USA is proud to be an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Keywords: Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA, Cypress , Sr. IT Manager - Planning and Governance, Executive , Cypress, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!