Human Resources Manager
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Altasciences is a forward-thinking, mid-size contract research
organization offering pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies a
proven, flexible approach to preclinical and clinical pharmacology
studies, including formulation, manufacturing and analytical
services. For over 25 years, Altasciences has been partnering with
sponsors to help support educated, faster, and more complete early
drug development decisions. Altasciences' integrated, full-service
solutions include preclinical safety testing, clinical pharmacology
and proof of concept, bioanalysis, program management, medical
writing, biostatistics, and data management, all customizable to
specific sponsor requirements. Altasciences helps sponsors get
better drugs to the people who need them, faster.
Primary Responsibilities:The Manager, Human Resources maintains and
enhances the organization's human resources and partners with
management on human resources (HR) programs, practices, and
policies to drive key business results. Communicates needs
proactively with the HR department and business management and
seeks to develop solutions. -Tasks Performed:
- Provides HR policy, practices, and policy guidance to
management and applies knowledge across the disciplines of HR, such
as corrective actions, compensation, performance management,
organization effectiveness, learning and talent development,
employee relations, and leadership.
- Formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value
added service to management and employees that reflect the business
objectives of the organization. Develop and maintain strong working
relationships with leaders, and other team members to create a
partnership that yields results and credibility.
- Manage and coach the HR direct reports and assist them in their
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conducts
effective, thorough, and objective investigations.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to
day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and
ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with legal department as
- Participate in the planning, coordination, assessment and
implementation of the company's Performance Management program.
Provide day to day performance management guidance to line
management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary
- Works closely with management and employees to improve working
relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and
- Play an active role in assessing employee attitudes, opinions
and recommend strategies to improve employee morale, recognition
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Develop contract terms for new hires, promotions, and
- May assist international employees with expatriate assignments
and related visa processing.
- Participate in the planning, selection and delivery of
effective employee training and development strategies for business
- Participate in evaluation and monitoring of success of training
programs. Follow-up to ensure training objectives are met. - -
- Prepare and maintain ongoing reports to include: weekly
recruiting status report, headcount, new hires, terminations,
organization charts, and EEO-1
- Administer Employment Security Department's Unemployment
Insurance (UI) program.
- Interpret, stay informed about changes to, and consistently
apply human resources laws, regulations and internal policies and
procedures. Make recommendations to improve internal policy and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: BA/BS preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of related experience.
- 5 plus years of related management experience.
- Must work onsite.
- Must have understanding of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act,
FLSA, FCRA, ADEA, ADA, FMLA, and other applicable laws.
- MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point; -Experience with an
HRIS an asset.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and industry
specific manuals. -
- Ability to write advanced reports and correspondence. -
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or
employees of the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well developed interpersonal skills are required.
- Personal/professional integrity and proven discretion in
handling confidential information.
- Ability to develop strong trusting relationships in order to
gain support and achieve results.
- Capable of managing multiple conflicting priorities.
- Must be self-directed, motivated, and have a willingness to
take the initiative to identify and anticipate client needs and
make recommendations for implementation.
- Relevant industry experience a plus.
Our team is made up of over 1,300 professionals from the medical
and scientific fields who work together to achieve a common goal:
to contribute to the advancement of life sciences. Bring your
talents and forward-thinking approach to Altasciences and help us
develop medicines for those who need them, faster.
Altasciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
or national origin, and protected veteran status, or disability
Keywords: Altasciences, Cypress , Human Resources Manager, Executive , Cypress, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!