Company: USA SWIMMING
Posted on: January 12, 2022
The primary objective of the General Manager is to oversee and
manage the day-to-day operations of the Cypress Fairbanks Swim
Club. The GM is responsible for ensuring that business operations
are efficient and effective, that assets are properly deployed, and
that goods and services are efficiently distributed. Job
- Experience managing people, processes and organizations.
- Customer service attitude
- Financial acumen to include assisting with the preparation of
financial statements and being able to develop, implement and
enforce financial controls
- Experience with a USA Swimming club or familiarity with club
swimming is preferred.
- General computer experience including Microsoft Office is
- Experience with Team Unify is preferred but not required The
General Manager reports to the Head Coach and is responsible for
the following areas:
- Oversee all accounting activities, including Team Unify
billing, collections, accounts payable, and monthly financial
- Oversee payroll processing
- Ensure that club assets are protected, and financial controls
are in place and being followed
- Develop an annual budget and present it to the Board of
Directors for approval
- Participate on any finance related committees of the Board,
including sitting on any formal finance committees Human Resources
- -Hire, schedule, and supervise front office, facility, and
- Maintain new employee paperwork and personnel files -Facility
- Responsible for all Fleet Facilities, including Fleet First.
Oversee the following including supervision of any employees that
are directly responsible for these tasks:
- Ensure that phone system, copiers, computers, and all office
equipment is operating smoothly.
- Manage upkeep and maintenance of FAC and FFAC pools, training
facility, locker rooms, storage units and office building in
conjunction with coaching staff and outsourced companies (i.e.,
cleaning, pest control, pool services company, etc).
- Ensure that any use of the Fleet pool by outside parties is
managed properly and Fleet policies and procedures are adhered
- Insurance - Be sure all policies are up to date and on file
maintaining the proper insurance to cover the facility for
competitions and practice (as required by USA Swimming) and for the
FLEET First swim lesson program.
- Develop a comprehensive and easy-to-follow filing system for
invoices, receipts, client information, and other important
documents. -Gulf Swimming/USA Swimming
- -Ensure club maintains proper memberships with Gulf Swimming
and USA Swimming.
- Manage member registrations with Gulf Swimming and USA
- Ensure that club is compliant with appropriate Gulf and USA
Swimming protocols including all Safe Sport compliance and MAAP
- Ensure that the director is working toward the goals and
objectives of the program
- Oversee the staff responsible for billing and ensure that
customers are billed properly, and accounts are kept current
- Work with the director to produce an annual budget and track
- Ensure that club's 501(c)3 status is maintained
- Work with fundraising committee of the Board of Directors to
develop annual fundraising goals
- Work with the fundraising committee to implement fundraising
programs including sponsorships and events.
- Oversee the public facing view of the club including social
media, website, news articles, press releases and advertising
- Maintain communication with families keeping them up to date on
club events, policies, and other necessary information -Hosted
- Be available during Fleet hosted meets (8-9 weekends per year)
to assist with managing the meet and ensuring that the Fleet
facility is used safely and effectively.
- Assist the Meet Director with Gulf Swimming reporting and other
administrative meet functions. Interested candidates should email a
resume, cover letter, and references to: Jaime Lewis, Head Coach,
Cy-Fair Swim Club at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Keywords: USA SWIMMING, Cypress , General Manager, Executive , Cypress, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!