Manufacturing Process Engineer
Company: Smiths Interconnect
Location: Thousand Oaks
Posted on: November 14, 2019
About Us Smiths is always looking for curious minds. For new
colleagues who want responsibility and relish a challenge. Those
who would like to use their talents to help make the world safer,
healthier, more efficient and more connected. We're proud that
we've been helping propel the human world forwards during our 160
year history of innovation. By looking at things differently. By
adapting and never standing still. And by always thinking big.
Today we're an aligned global business of five divisions and around
22,000 colleagues, that touches the lives of millions every year
across five vibrant global markets.As one of the five divisions of
Smiths Group, Smiths Interconnect employs over 1800 people. We have
a global presence selling our products in over 50 countries with
manufacturing facilities in nine countries and offices across North
America, Europe and Asia.These are exciting times to join Smiths
Interconnect as we continue growing and delivering innovative
solutions to the world. Our values inspire our employees to bring
their very best selves to their jobs which creates a thrilling work
environment.We are proactively delivering advanced technologies and
if you look closer you will notice us in your everyday life. We
have a range of exciting opportunities at Smiths, so follow the
link to learn more and apply. We would love to get to know you
better and share more about why Smiths is a great place to work.
Want to know more about us?Check us out at:
https://www.smithsinterconnect.com/ So whether you're an
experienced professional or just starting out on your career, our
global scale and focus on growth means great career opportunities
for the right colleagues. There's never been a better time to join
Smiths. And help us create the future. Job Description The
Manufacturing Engineer provides hands-on comprehensive production
support and process documentation for custom RF Antenna and gimbal
assemblies. Manufacturing Engineer who can generate Oracle routers
from our old paper system for both legacy programs and RMAs.?
Additionally this person would represent Manufacturing Engineering
in MRB and ?support the production floor to mitigate technical
problems. Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Design and Procurement Teams to provide Design
for Manufacturing and Design-to-Cost recommendations based upon
core materials, processes and tools
- Apply Lean & Six tools to identify and eliminate waste and
variation from the value stream
- Kaizens and Continuous Improvement projects (preferred)
- Develop efficient work cells to provide Pull and Flow
- Knowledge of Root Cause Analysis using 5 Why, FMEA, Fault Tree,
and 8D techniques (preferred)
- Review labor history to provide cost estimating and Basis of
Estimate (BoE) to assist in Bid & Proposal Activities.
- Design and develop assembly fixtures & tooling as required
- Specify machinery and capital equipment to meet production
- Support for the manufacturing floor with the following
processes: Epoxy Dispense, Hand Soldering, CNC Tube bending,
Motor/Gear assembly and test, RF test and troubleshooting using a
Network Analyzer The Individual
- Capable of generating detailed assembly instructions using an
ERP system. (Oracle / Agile experience preferred)
- Working knowledge of ANSI, ISO, OSHA, MIL-STD-883 and MIL-PRF
- Green Belt in Lean & Six Sigma (preferred)
- Knowledge of assembly processes used for RF/Antenna assemblies
- Proficient in the following software tools (preferred):????? -
Solidworks and/or AutoCAD,????? - Photoshop, digital
photography,????? - MS Office products including Excel, Word.
Project and Visio
- Solid Business acumen, quality and continuous improvement
- Strong customer relationships skills (internal & external)
- Positive attitude, desire to work with other people to develop
strong team building
- Experience with SPC/Lean/5S(preferred)
- Familiarity with Quality Management System, including internal
audits, CARS, ICARs
- Experience with Stage-Gate processes and Integrated Product
- Prioritize and manage multiple objectives simultaneously
- Good problem solving; i.e., 7 Basic quality Tools
- Work independently and with minimum oversight
- Work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines
- Develop strategic plans and translate to effective
- Lead and work in cross-functional multi-cultural teams
- May be required to sit, stand, walk regularly and occasionally
lift 0-30 pounds?
- Driving Results: Motivate to persistently pursue and achieve
effective results, which drive the business forward.
- Decision Making: Make effective and timely decisions by
sourcing and analyzing critical information.
- Commercial Orientation: Understand and recognize the
organizations commercial and military market environment in order
to support commercial success.
- Driving Change: Identify, lead and support change and
continuous improvement in own and wider business environment.
- Stakeholder Impact: Effectively build relationships both
internally and externally, understanding the customers? needs.
- Collaboration & Influencing: Engage, challenge and work
effectively with others.
- Emotional Intelligence: Able to monitor your own and others?
emotions to appropriately guide thinking and behavior
- The Manufacturing Engineer will plan and guide decisions made
concerning the design of procedures and equipment for the
manufacturing of assemblies.Education/Experience:?? B.S. Degree
(preferred) or Associates Degree in either IE, ME, EE, And? Minimum
of three (3+) years? experience in manufacturing required.
Commercial or military Antennas preferred. ?RF test experience is
preferredTravel:????? ??? Up to 15% Diversity & Inclusion Smiths
Interconnect, Inc. participates in the Electronic Employment
Verification Program.Smiths Interconnect is an EEO/AA
Keywords: Smiths Interconnect, Cypress , Manufacturing Process Engineer, Engineering , Thousand Oaks, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!