Dental Front Office Assistant
Company: Dr. Tony Kuo
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Job DescriptionJob Summary:The Front office Assistant represents
the practice in all facets of patient services, which may include,
but is not limited to; greeting patients, answering the telephone,
scheduling appointments, maintaining patient records and
coordinating patient flow.Essential Duties: (Edit the following
essential duties as appropriate for your practice. Prioritize in
order of importance.)
- Greets visitors and patients entering the practice and alerts
appropriate staff of patient arrivals.
- Answers telephone, routes calls, provides information, and
takes messages in accordance with practice procedures.
- Schedules and adjusts patient appointments to maximize the
patient care and reach practice profit target. Manages the daily,
weekly, and monthly calendar to meet the practice production and
- Establishes, maintains and keeps patient files and records up
to date (i.e. address, phone number, insurance information,
- Communicates with patients regarding financial options.
Reconciles financial records by receiving and recording patient
- Prepares correspondence, memos, condolence letters, and other
documents, as requested by doctor.
- Uses computer, fax, or courier service to transmit information
or documents when requested.
- Keeps the front desk and reception areas clean. Organizes
magazines to keep current and neat. Waters the plants.
- Performs necessary duties associated with checking patients in
and out. Record treatment information in the patient's chart. Enter
type of treatment planned for the next appointment, and the amount
of chair time, doctor time and assistant time needed.
- Produces the doctor's call list and provides to the doctor each
day, as necessary.
- Calls patients the day before to remind them of a scheduled
appointment time, or monitors the automatic communication system
and maintains accuracy.
- Adheres to all safety and health regulations.
- Monitors the schedule regularly, adjusts the schedule as
necessary, and reschedules patients as needed.
- During morning huddles, reports on production results,
addresses problems that occurred, and evaluates patient flow from
the previous day. Updates staff on the status of the current day's
production goals, and identifies scheduling gaps.
- Keeps staff and doctor informed of scheduling problems, issues
- Organizes daily charts and provides to clinical staff for
- Registers new patients, provides necessary paperwork (welcome
letter, HIPAA documents), and insures all required documents are
completed by the patient.Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
- Knowledge of appointment coordinator procedures.
- Knowledge of English composition, grammar, spelling, and
- Skilled in the use of standard office equipment including:
telephones, calculators, copiers, fax, computers, and computer
software (MS Excel, Word, Practice Management software).
- Ability to maintain composure and professionalism when exposed
to stressful situations.
- Ability to engender trust from the doctors, co-workers, and
- Maintain confidence with the patient regarding abilities of
doctor(s) and staff.
- Ability to work cooperatively with management, staff, and
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and complete tasks in a timely
and independent manner.
- Ability to accept constructive feedback.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal
- Ability to collect data, establish facts, draw valid
conclusions, and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate and express thoughts and ideas
- Ability to quickly grasp relevant concepts regarding duties and
- Ability to greet visitors professionally and
courteously.Education / Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 year(s) relevant experience in the dental
professionPhysical and Environmental Requirements:
- May be required to lift up to 15 lbs.
- Active movement throughout the day: sitting, walking, standing,
squatting, bending, stooping, reaching, etc. (not a sedentary
- Vision: close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust
- Hearing: able to satisfactorily communicate with patients,
doctor, and other staff members to ensure that verbal communication
is clearly understood, or a satisfactorily-equivalent method of
- Finger dexterity is needed to access, enter, and retrieve data
using a computer keyboard or operate equipment.
- May be required to administer first aid or CPR.
- Occasional exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals and
- Exposure to moderate noise levels.
- Exposure to hectic, fast-paced, high anxiety
environments.Additional or different duties may be assigned
occasionally at employer's discretion.Skills:
- General Practice
- Cross-trained (Front/Back Office)
Keywords: Dr. Tony Kuo, Cypress , Dental Front Office Assistant, Administration, Clerical , Cypress, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!