Manager Financial Analysis
Company: Marriott Vacations Worldwide
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Manager Financial Analysis in Cypress Harbour at Marriott
Vacations Worldwide Job DescriptionAre you ready to grow your dream
career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott
Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation
Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our
team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation
dreams come true.
Position Title:Manager Financial Analysis RO
The Manager Financial Analysis assists the Market Director of
Finance, Field Operations (MDOF) or Director of Finance, Field
Operations (DOF) by providing leadership, guidance and support with
financial compliance and adherence of the management agreement with
the nonprofit property owners' association and the financial and
accounting analysis of the on-site ancillary business operations.
As a business advisor, the position provides the financial
expertise to enable the successful implementation of the annual
budgeted goals and delivery of desirable financial results.
Perform various financial modeling and analytical requests, and
maintain strong internal controls environment, including the
compliance to company standards, policies, and Sarbanes-Oxley
requirements. Ensuring proper controls are in place to mitigate
risks for the organization. Core work activities include, but not
limited to business partnering with various stakeholders to meet
financial objectives, financial statement review and analysis, and
compliance of accounting controls.
CANDIDATE PROFILE -
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting preferred, or
related major; 2-4 years related work experience in finance and
- High School Diploma/GED and equivalent work experience
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Accounting, Controls, and Financial Analysis:
- Supports day to day operations and department objectives
including but not limited to, verifying compliance with the Cash
Handling policy and Compliance Standards, conducting initial
research to assist internal customers and escalates to corporate
F&A Leaders as appropriate, identifying and anticipating future
business needs, and implementing new processes.
- Review and analyze financial statements in accordance to
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Provide guidance and
support to accounting services group as appropriate.
- Research and document variances from actual results compared to
budget and previous forecast.
- Ensure balance sheet accounts are supported by appropriate
- Ensure tax rates used for sales and use tax are current and
proper amounts are collected and/or accrued.
- Conduct property level self-assessments and assist with
internal, tax, and regulatory audits. Identify, develop,
communicate, and complete action plans to rectify deficiencies in a
- Provide analysis and analytical support during budget reviews
and capital planning to identify cost savings and productivity
- Assist with cash flow and profit forecasts that facilitate
timely adjustments to the business by on-site leaders.
- Prepare data, information, and clear, concise variance
explanations demonstrating a thorough understanding of the
financial statements to corporate F&A leaders including but not
limited to, external audits for annual property owners'
association, SOX testing, and Board related materials.
- Effectively present information and respond to inquiries from
various key stakeholders.
Managing and Business Partnerships:
- Utilize effective relationship building skills with a broad
range of business partners to gain trust, positively impact
decision outcomes, and mitigate risk to the organization.
Stakeholders include on-site leaders and associates, corporate and
regional F&A executives, corporate and regional Resort
Operations executives, internal and external auditors, corporate
tax, corporate Accounting Shared Services Group, property owners'
association Board of Directors, and third-party vendors.
- Provide financial expertise, analysis and insights that enable
our stakeholders to make timely and informed business decisions,
optimize business value, and manage financial risk.
- Champion, drive, and embed finance principles in the Business
Unit and ensure its inclusion in the business planning
- Create a positive work environment with collaborative
relationships that encourages others and celebrates successes.
- Provide hands-on, real time, financial analysis expertise to
Resort Operations on-site leaders and other key stakeholders.
- Train non-financial Resort Operations on-site leaders as
appropriate in order to enhance business understanding.
- Perform reasonable request as assigned.
- Adaptability - Determines how change impacts self and others;
displays flexibility in adjusting priorities; and communicates both
the reasons for change and how it impacts the workplace. -
- Communication - Customizes approach to conveying complex
information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging
manner; appropriately interprets verbal and non-verbal behavior;
and models active listening to ensure understanding.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Models and coaches others
on breaking complex issues into manageable parts, identifying and
evaluating alternatives and their implications before making
decisions, and involving and gaining agreement from others when
making key decisions.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey
confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first
impression and represents the company in alignment with its
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Leads and participates as
a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of common
goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for
self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives;
initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others
toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes
beyond what is required
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources
required to set a plan of action for self and/or others;
prioritizes and arranges work requirements for self and/or others
to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that
builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of
organizational goals and lasting relationships. -
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships
based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent
with the company's service standards
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with
diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural
perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement
and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the
opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure
of team assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or
support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help
individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to
accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning
opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information
to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to
approach team, business, and administrative challenges.
- Economics and Accounting - Knowledge of P&L statements,
operating budgets, forecasting and scheduling, and the reporting of
- Auditing and Reconciliation - The ability to recognize,
research, and resolve discrepancies in financial data, and create
flow charts on main accounting and control cycles (A/R, AP, Cash)
to facilitate understanding of key control points.
- General Finance and Accounting - The ability to perform
bookkeeping procedures, proficiently use financial systems
technology, and accurately complete general ledger entries;
knowledge of database structures in order to obtain financial
queries; establish Cash flow statements and cash flow forecast with
a good understanding the financials flows and the working capital
- Analysis - The ability to create and maintain spreadsheets as
well as analyze and summarize financial data using appropriate
- Accounting Knowledge - Knowledge of general accounting
principles and current company accounting policies and procedures.
This includes general accounting and financial reporting, auditing,
accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
- Accounting and Internal Control Knowledge - Knowledge of local
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (local GAAP), Marriott
International Policies (MIP), and International Standard Operating
- Legal - Ability to read and understand basic contract elements,
e.g. royalty fees, management agreement, terms, priorities and
- Auditing Skills - The ability to perform auditing procedures,
including the ability to recognize, research, and resolve
discrepancies in financial data.
- Payroll Systems - Knowledge of local payroll reporting and tax
requirements, ability to effectively record wages/tax liabilities,
and operate payroll software applications, including understanding
the features and functions of the applications.
- Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable - Knowledge of
Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable processes, including
knowledge of sub ledger reconciliation and controls.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for
accomplishing basic work activities.
- Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract,
multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows
one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and
understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and
- Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written
sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate
for the needs of the audience.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer
committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive
culture Take the first step in charting your own course by joining
our Talent Network. It's the best way to stayinformed and receive
alerts for exciting jobs that may be perfect for you. Hi, my name
is Dash, your virtual recruiting assistant! I can help you quickly
apply for Housekeeping jobs and other job opportunities at Marriott
Vacations Worldwide. Hi, my name is Dash, your virtual recruiting
assistant! I can help you quickly apply for Housekeeping jobs and
other job opportunities at Marriott Vacations Worldwide. Are you
located in the United States? Are you located in the United States?
Choose a button. Press Tab to navigate to the buttons. Yes No We
and our partners process data in order to:Use precise geolocation
data. Actively scan device characteristics for identification.
Store and/or access information on a device. Personalised ads and
content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product
Keywords: Marriott Vacations Worldwide, Cypress , Manager Financial Analysis, Accounting, Auditing , Cypress, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!