Interim Financial Controller
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Job title: Interim Financial Controller - Fixed Term Employment
- Assignment through February 2023 (Approx.)Location: Cypress,
CAThe role: To provide regional coordination, oversight of the
"Corporate accounting" team for the Pentland North America
business. Including Management accounting, external state / federal
reporting, tax compliance, Accounts receivable and Treasury and
Banking administration and assist in the Transition of the function
into Global Framework.About Pentland:Building a family of brands,
for the world to love, generation after generation. We are Pentland
Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved
active and footwear brands to millions of people around the
world.We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura,
Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We're
the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the
UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste
footwear.All our brands have their own unique identities and every
one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400
employees worldwide and we're always on the lookout for talented,
enthusiastic people to help shape our future.We celebrate
differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop,
be it through creative working environments or learning
opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter -
being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives
everything we do.At Pentland, we're guided by four principles, we
use these to make sure we're not only doing a great job, but we're
doing it in the right way:+ Success is a team game+ With clarity
and courage+ Better as standard+ In good conscienceTo find out more
go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter,
LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.The role you'd play:Regional
oversight of "corporate accounting" and the key financial processes
that underpin them helping support a centralized US team approach
transition towards a global team model
- Coordinate a team of accounting professionals who deliver
internal and external reporting, compliance activity, accounts
receivable, Treasury administration and credit control.
- Oversight and assist in the delivery of all reporting and
compliance deadlines (including all taxes), ensuring all necessary
disclosures are identified and accurately completed and submitted
- Ensure management accounting processes and reporting are
delivered within the globally agreed framework. Actively contribute
to refining and improving the global framework within the global
- Liaise with key finance related suppliers within region - such
as AMEX, Accountancy firms, potential financing partners etc.
- Maintain relationships with North America Bank stakeholders
including also being a local signatory.
- Liaise with Global treasury team to ensure regional cash
balances are actively monitored and maintained at optimum levels.
Identify potential future funding requirements in good time.
- Ensure all Treasury and Bank related administration and
documentation is maintained.
- Lead on local controls environment, ensuring appropriate
controls are in place, which are properly followed and
- Balance sheet control ownership for Pentland North America
- Act as a liaison with both commercial finance and non-finance
stakeholders on compliance, process and reporting matters.
- Ensure that Accounts Receivable team runs smoothly as it
transitions into Global team integration, ensuring internal
processes within AR are in line with the requirements of overall
accounting / reporting framework.
- Develop relationships and work closely with key non-financial
stakeholders whose activities have consequential impacts on
financial accuracy. Influencing said stakeholders to operate in a
way consistent with optimum financial control and consistent and
coordinated procedures.The must haves:
- Experience in senior accounting roles in the US covering all
aspects of financial accounting, treasury, balance sheet cash flow
- CPA / Recognized high level accountancy qualification.
- A positive confident approach to getting things done within a
demanding environment, able to meet deadlines.
- Ability to challenge status quo appropriately.
- Ability to work as part of a global team.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Ownership of strong control process, documenting processes and
user guides. You'll need to be
- A good communicator (both oral and written), able to articulate
finance to non-finance customers.
- Able to analyze and interpret large amounts of data.
- Experienced in analyzing accounting performance in a commercial
- Show good attention to detail.
- Pro-active, well organized and able to prioritize.
- Discreet with sensitive/confidential information.
- Able to influence - having developed strong relationships with
- Flexible in approach and "can do" attitude.Speedo and Pentland
Brands are an equal opportunity employer and considers all
applicants for employment on the basis of their individual
capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and
without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression,
age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual
orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability,
military status or any other characteristic protected under
federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all
applicable laws, we have a strong corporate commitment to
inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future
associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as
skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience
and potential. To achieve these goals, applicants are asked not to
disclose salary history information.
Keywords: Speedo, Cypress , Interim Financial Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Cypress, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!