A/P in transition to Controller - up to $85,000 DOE
Posted on: June 17, 2022
This A/P In Transition To Controller Position Features:
Position Summary: The controller will handle high-level accounting
accounting and oversee the company's financial activities. As head
of the accounting department,
the controller will manage and supervise all aspects of accounting,
from payroll to tax
compliance. Maximize return on financial assets by establishing
financial policies, procedures,
controls, and reporting systems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or
1. Direct all accounting operations, including Cash, A/R, A/P, GL,
Accounting, Inventory Accounting, and Revenue Recognition.
2. Manage the department to ensure proper levels of review,
analysis, and preparation of
accurate, consistent, and timely financial data, reports, and
3. Prepare quarterly cash flow projections and other modeling
4. Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting.
5. Research technical accounting issues for compliance.
6. Establish, monitor, and maintain a system of internal controls
that safeguard and manage
company assets and provide for the integrity of financial
transactions and activities.
7. Manage Year-end closing, periodic physical asset inspections,
the annual audit, bank
covenants, and CAPEX submissions.
8. Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government
reporting requirements and
9. Develop and document business processes and accounting policies
to maintain and
strengthen internal controls.
10. Maintain positive team relationships by leading through
personal example, listening to
team members, encouraging commitment and loyalty, showing genuine
employees, and rewarding high job performance, behavior, and
11. Manage fiscal year-end financial, benefit plan, and Worker's
12. Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
Bachelor---s degree in Accounting or Master of Business
Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant
10 or more years in Accounting Department management of similar
responsibility experience for
a mid-size company with multiple business segments.
Previous experience as an accountant, accounting supervisor, or
Previous Cemetery experience highly valued.
Proficiency with accounting software and experience with a software
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
Excellent management and supervisory skills.
Advanced knowledge of financial reporting systems and Power BI.
Experience in CSuite financial presentations
Advanced Excel skills required
Knowledge of Cemetery operating systems desirable
Strong analytical skills
High degree of critical thinking and setting department goals.
Excellent organization and written & verbal communication
Strong interpersonal relations skills
Ability to work independently and to be detail-minded
Ability to multi-task and set priorities
High level of ethics and integrity
Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Proficient in accounting and tax preparation software.
Excellent computer skills
Immediate need!! AppleOne is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance
Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified
applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Keywords: AppleOne, Cypress , A/P in transition to Controller - up to $85,000 DOE, Accounting, Auditing , Cypress, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!